YOUR BRAIN WAVES
“Stress causes a faster brain wave than does relaxation.” – Jose Silva and Burt Goldman
The first point and they’re already talking about brain waves. A lot of good information provided in the PN but to keep it simple here, if your brain waves are over 21 cycles per second (CPS), you’re under stress / anxious. However, if you’re below 19, you’re considered in the genius creativity state (to put in perspective, when you’re sleeping, you tend to be under 7 and REM sleep / meditation is between 8-13). To bring down your CPS, the key is to breathe.
“You might initially think courage, not faith, is the opposite of fear. But consider that courage exists only where there is fear to be overcome. Without fear there can be no courage; you would just act.” – Jose Silva and Burt Goldman
To get rid of fear, stop thinking about what can go wrong and focus on what will go right.
THE SEVEN HERMETIC LAWS
- “The Law of Mentalism – ‘The Universe is a mental creation of God.’” – There are certain things that continue to happen within and we have no control of (think heart pumping, hair growing, digesting, etc)
- “The Law of Correspondence – ‘As above, so below; as below, so above.’” – a plant with poor roots cannot bear beautiful fruits
- “The Law of Vibration – ‘All things are in constant and never-ending motion. A change in the vibration causes a change in the manifestation.’” – all of life is simply a vibration; light; sound; water; everything
- “The Law of Polarity – ‘All things are dual. Everything has its pair of opposites and these opposites are identical in nature, differing only in degree.’” – all things have opposites, identical in their nature, differing only in degree
- “The Law of Rhythms – ‘All things have their tides, an ebb tide and a flood tide.’” – time being in 24 hours, seasons repeat, tides change. We’re meant to go with the tide of time (sleep early, wake up early)
- “The Law of Cause and Effect – ‘Every cause has its effect and every effect its cause.’” – your future depends on what you do now
- The Law of Gender – “All things have a masculine and feminine aspect.” – think ying and yang
There wasn’t enough context provided in the PN for me to truly understand what the goal is, but from the content, it does look quite interesting.
FIVE RULES OF HAPPINESS
- If you like something, enjoy it
- If you don’t like something, avoid it
- If you don’t like something and can’t avoid it, change it
- If you can’t or choose not to avoid or change something you don’t like, accept it
- You accept something by changing your perception of it”
– Jose Silva and Burt Goldman
Simple, but so powerful… I don’t know what else to say…
My Take Aways
I really like the first topic that was covered in this PN. Brain waves are definitely something that I’ve heard about and know that controlling the mind is all about the way you breathe. The PN introduces it well, but it’s definitely not detailed enough (not that I expect it to be). Johnson mentioned that this was just an intro to the seven hermetic laws, but to me, the intro still didn’t really mean much. It’s neat to talk about vibration and flow, but I don’t know how it connects nor do I know if this is suppose to mean something deeper.
That said, there are definitely parts of the book that I’d like to explore further and will be placing The Silva Mind Control Method of Mental Dynamics on the list of books to read. I don’t know if I’ll read the whole book, or just certain sections, but I will read what I feel like will be a good read. If you also feel like learning more about brain waves, or are as curious about the seven hermetic laws, you should probably pick up this book by Silva and Goldman (please note that I will be getting a small amount from Amazon, though it does not affect how much you pay – Amazon just makes less money than if you were to go onto the website yourself). I also suggest you check out the actual Philosopher’s Notes (note they even have courses that consolidate many of the concepts in the books that Brian Joshnson covers and puts them into videos that are really easy to digest). This is the first program that I’ve signed up for and am definitely getting my money’s worth!